The Aosta Valley, the other side of Mont Blanc, located at a few kilometers from Chamonix!
The Aosta Valley – the other side of the Mont Blanc
Less than 20 minutes from the center of Chamonix is the Val d’Aoste. A little Italian region full of secret charm and accessing five ski areas, each with its own charms:
- Courmayeur Mont-Blanc : one of the most important ski resorts in the world. Courmayeur,welcomes the first school of high mountain guides.
- La Thuile : a real balcony on Annecy Lake. La Thuile ski resort which offers a restful environment will know how to seduce the ski lovers as well as the amateurs.
- Aoste-Pila : the renowned resort of the Val d’Aoste.
- Breuil-Cervinia : Breuil-Cervinia ski resort appears as one of the vastest domains of Aosta Valley. Its tracks allow you to ski all day long without redoing twice the same track.
- Monte Rosa Ski : at 4000 meters of altitude, these huge ski slopes offer excellent ski lifts, excellent off-piste skiing as well as vertiginous descents.
Depending on your desires, downhill skiing, freeride, heli-skiing, hiking and snowshoeing are all accessible during the winter months overthere. And why not recharge your batteries at one of the gastronomic on-piste restaurants during your day.
And for relaxing, look no further than the Thermes de Pré-Saint-Didier with its three outdoor heated pools with breath taking views of the Mont Blanc.
The Pré-Saint-Didier Baths in the Aosta Valley
There are famous for the strong content of iron in their waters which in turn helps the body by increasing circulation and improving muscular movements. The water in the baths is a cosy 36°, enabling their use by day and by night or alternatively you can take advantage of the sauna, steam room and massages and also their famous buffet.
Open every day throughout the season. Take advantage of their discount rate of 35€ per person after 5 pm. For more information, feel free to contact the reception where they will be delighted to help you.