Are you dreaming of fastening your ski boots and schussing down the slopes at full speed? Take some height and enjoy the wonders of the snowy tracks at the Grands Montets ski resort where the Le Brévent and La Flégère slopes await you! Both of these tracks are located on the same Alpine mountain and have delighted generations of thrill-seeking skiers and holidaymakers alike.
ALL ABOUT LE BRÉVENT & LA FLÉGÈRE SKI RESORTS
HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE LE BRÉVENT AND LA FLÉGÈRE SLOPES?
If you are visiting Chamonix for the very first time, you will find that several skiing tracks await you, all of which offer a different level of difficulty. The Brévent slope is perfect for those in search of a burst of adrenalin! If you are on a skiing holiday with the whole family, you may prefer the Flégère slope as its course is simpler and more approachable.
WHERE ARE LE BRÉVENT AND LA FLÉGÈRE LOCATED?
These two ski areas are both located on the Grands Montets mountain close to Chamonix and to the Mont Blanc. Once you reach the peak, you can take in a beautiful panorama of the Southern side of the Mont Blanc chain.
WHERE TO HEAD TO IF YOU WANT TO SKI ON THESE TRACKS?
If you wish to ski down these slopes for the first time, we recommend you stay at a Chamonix hotel. This city is, without a doubt, the ideal location from which to access the slopes quickly and it also offers a wealth of attractions.
The itinerary is the same for all skiers whether you are heading to Le Brévent or to La Flégère. Your departure point – and where the adventure starts – is the cable car to PlanPraz in Chamonix. Once there, you will find a dedicated space for freestyle skiing and an area where instructors can give you advice to up your skiing game. You are at an altitude of 2,000 m (6,560 feet)! If you take the Brévent cable car, you will reach a height of 2,525 m (almost 8,300 feet).
STOP AT PLANPRAZ
For anyone hopping off at PlanPraz, superb snowy landscapes await. These are the perfect setting for an unforgettable hike. For those who prefer a more adventurous experience, you can use the cable car to access the Plaques du Brévent which is 5 minutes away and take a moment to gaze at the Mont Blanc.
Why not enjoy a restorative break at “La Bergerie”? The restaurant offers invigorating local cuisine and the dishes are served quickly so you don’t miss out on a single minute of skiing!
BRÉVENT PRICES AND SERVICES
No panorama would be this perfect without exceptionally well-groomed tracks. To that end, the Brévent and Flégère slopes are only open at certain times of the year. As for mid-April, the area is closed right up until the beginning of December.
The dates and prices of the Brévent cable car vary based on where you are going. Three routes are available from Chamonix to PlanPraz; PlanPraz to Brévent; Chamonix to Brévent, and the prices are as follows:
- For adults: single ticket €14.30 or return ticket €18; single ticket €9.70 or return ticket €14.50; single ticket €24 or return ticket €32.50.
- For children between the ages of 5 and 14: single ticket €12.20 or return ticket €15.30; single ticket €8.20 or return ticket €12.30; single ticket €20.40 or return ticket €27.60.
- For seniors over 65: single ticket €12.20 or return ticket €15.30€; single ticket €8.20 or return ticket €12.30; single ticket €20.40 or return ticket €27.60.
You may also ask for a family package to go from Chamonix to PlanPraz or from Chamonix to Brévent. The prices are:
- 2 adults (parents or grandparents) for €55.80 or €100.70. The first two children are included in this package, any additional children ride for free (up to 5 children total).
LA FLÉGÈRE PRICES
The prices don’t vary much, but this track does offer better value. The prices are as follows:
- For adults: single ticket €14.30 or return ticket €18; single ticket €9.70 or return ticket €11; single ticket €24 or return ticket €29
- For children between the ages of 5 and 14: single ticket €12.20 or return ticket €15.30; single ticket €8.20 or return ticket €9.40; single ticket €20.40 or return ticket €24.70.
- For seniors over 65: single ticket €12.20 or return ticket €15.30€; single ticket €8.20 or return ticket €9.40; single ticket €20.40 or return ticket €24.70.
If you wish to take advantage of the family package for Les Praz-Flégère or Les Praz-Index, the prices are as follows:
- 2 adults (parents or grandparents) and two children for €55.80 or €90.
IF YOU ARE GOING ON A HIKE IN BRÉVENT OR LA FLÉGÈRE
If you wish to go hiking, the prices are the same whether you are headed to Brévent or La Flégère:
- Per adult: €25.5€
- Per child (ages 5–14): €21.70
- For seniors age 65 and up: €21.70.
*Rates / prices may be changed without notice
The Brévent and Flégère cable cars are free for children under 5 regardless of the type of journey or time of year. Be sure to check the timetable for your cable car as this will save you from having to queue up for too long or even to wait until the next one.
Even if you are visiting during the summer, don’t forget to wrap up warm and to pack some sunscreen and a good pair of sunglasses! Finally, if you are in the area, don’t forget to stop by the restaurant “Le Panoramique” where you can enjoy a delicious meal while admiring the stupendous beauty of the Mont Blanc.