Via ferrata in Chamonix, a way to win over the dizziness
If you have started the winter season by an ice fall, now start the summer discovering a new activity full of thrills: a via Ferrata in Chamonix. The Via ferrata is quite like climbing!
On rock walls, you progress on cables, ladders, bridges, rope bridges along a route using two snap hooks, a rope and a belt to discover the verticality safely. The Via Ferrata in and around Chamonix provide you with stunning views on the Mont Blanc and the surrounding massifs. The beauty of the landscapes will make you forget the sensations of dizziness.
To introduce you to the Via Ferrata in Chamonix, there are various routes according to your level:
- La Mer de Glace in Chamonix, from Montenvers’ station
- Via ferrata Yves Pollet-Villard – Le Col des Aravis next to La Clusaz
- Borderan’s cliffs in La Clusaz (Le Col des Aravis)
- Via ferrata of Saix du Tour in Morzine – Avoriaz
- Via ferrata of Curalla (Assy)
- Via ferrata of Mont à Sixt-Fer à cheval
- Via ferrata of La Roche à l’Agathe in Thônes
From the via ferrata of Collongues or from the one of Reclavier Saint-Julien in Switzerland (just 1.30 hour from Chamonix), you can also enjoy the air views on the Alps.
What you have to know:
The practice of this exercise requires a high mountain guide, whether you’re experienced or not. It is essential to choose a route suitable to your ability. However, you should better not suffer from vertigo for this activity!